[dsdp-dev] Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] RE: [platform-debug-dev] View Pin & Clone Support

Hi Ted,

I have not looked at the details for sometime, and the document posted is just a first draft of my thoughts.

The basic approach that I am proposing for "pin & clone"  is to introduce the concept of a "scope" - which represents some subset of debug model elements. A view can then be pinned to a scope.  As the active debug context changes, a view that is pinned to a scope will only respond to the context change if the current context is contained in the scope that it is pinned to.

Darin Wright

"Williams, Ted" <ted.williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/19/2006 02:21 PM

Please respond to
Device Debugging developer discussions <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Eclipse Platform Debug component developers list." <platform-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dsdp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dsdp-dd-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-dd-dev] RE: [platform-debug-dev] View Pin & Clone Support

Darin,

We are interested in developing and contributing this feature. It overlaps with our need for multi-context support in the debugger views within the 3.3 timeframe. I don't (yet) have any educated questions to ask about implementation, but I wonder if you have had any more thoughts than those outlined in the Views-Pin-and-clone.html document?

thanks,
ted