Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] M6 Interface issues.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Rohrbach, Randy <randy.rohrbach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   3.) I agree that memory is a more complicated area than our IMemory interface represents. It should be well considered since
        it can be a very complex area. So I guess we are in effect leaving this for 2.0

Randy

public void int getAddressSize( String context )

I suppose this should belong on the IMemory service.  Also, isLittleEndian() also belong on the IMemory service.  There's been a lot of discussion on these topics in the past though and I don't know if there ever was a clear concencus on how endianness and address size should be presented and treated in the APIs.  So I'll file a bug for it, but I'm not comfortable rushing in and adding it to the interfaces now.

-Pawel

Currently, getAddressSize() is hard-coded in DsfMemoryBlockRetrieval (from IMemoryBlockRetrievalExtension) along with a bunch of other memory related parameters. There is a list of TODOs that indicate what we thought should be retrieved from the launch configuration (whenever we add the proper tabs...). I believe that is what we agreed upon a while ago.

The endianness issue is still completely ignored.

/fc

Back to the top