Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Windows Debugger

Hello!

Nice, looks promising. I'll check it out.
I'm not so sure I understand the choice of using JSON. Would it act as a
replacement for GDB-MI? My suggestion would be to get rid of all data protocols
- unless you want to do something bigger than a windows debugger (which always
will be native), and build it using JNI with a glue layer to whatever debug
model you would like.  The reason for suggesting this is *speed*, something
windows developers are very spoiled with, and - say embedded developers - are
not (step through your code in visual studio by keeping F10/F11 pressed down
with 20 variables in your watch window - then you'll know what I mean).

I reckon this was the attempt in
dev.eclipse.org:/cvsroot/tools/org.eclipse.cdt/windows/ using dgbhelp.dll.
Is this something you will use in this project? Or, will it be abandoned
since it is using the CDI model?

BR
Daniel Olsson

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 04:52:07PM -0400, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Hey, cool! I've got my first LaunchSequence working. All it does is a
> Runtime.exec of the target exec but it's a start.
>

> If anyone is interested in following, it's out on
> http://wascana.sourceforge.net <http://wascana.sourceforge.net/>  in the CVS
> repository there (instructions are somewhere on the SF project page). The
> name of the plugin is net.sf.wascana.msvc.debug.core and ui. The
> debug.debugger project is a CDT project for the debugger but it requires the
> msvc.build plugin to be installed which is in flux at the moment.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
> Eclipse CDT Project Lead, http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com
> <http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com>