[dsdp-dd-dev] Debugger Services Framework (DSF) initial commit

Hi All,

At last we checked in the initial version of the Debugger Services Framework (DSF) into /cvsroot/dsdp/org.eclipse.dd.dsf, as part of the Device Debugging project.  It took a lot longer to get to this point than I had expected, but hopefully that will be reflected in the quality of the code and documentation.  We are also still putting together a GDB-based prototype, which we expect to check in on Wednesday with most basic features and the we'll keep adding features to it until we have most of the debug interfaces validated.

What we did check in so far is the following:

  1. A white paper describing the goals for the DSF and how they were addressed.  This is a general overview and introduction to the framework and should at least be glossed over before looking at code and other documents.
  2. Three design documents describing the concurrency model, services model, and data model of the framework.  These documents go into details of the design, and are meant to be read with code and the examples as a reference.
  3. Two plugins that make up the framework itself: org.eclipse.dd.dsf and org.eclipse.dd.dsf.ui.
  4. An plugin containing examples referenced in the design documentation: org.eclipse.dd.dsf.examples.
  5. A documentation plugin org.eclipse.dd.dsf.doc, to compile the javadocs and pull together the design docs.  The documents are viewable online at: http://dsdp.eclipse.org/help/latest/index.jsp

We will go over these in the Wednesday call, and answer any initial questions.

Cheers

Pawel

Back to the top