RE: [dsdp-dd-dev] Disassembly View Requirement

Hi folks,

Following up on what Pawel said, we're still going through internal
sign-offs on our contributions.  I am hoping to have that completed in a
couple of weeks, and then it's on to Eclipse IP due diligence.
Meanwhile, Pawel and Ted and working on our debug model contributions in
an internal CVS repository.

Doug G

implementation,
> but still be able take advantage of a higher-level services which are
> accessed directly by the view.  This is indeed a challenging task, but
> hopefully with so much diverse experience in this group, it will be
> easier than we all think.  Also, at the base of what we are planning
> contribute to DSDP from our commercial product is a framework for
> managing layered services, which tries to address exactly this kind of
> design problem.
>
> Cheers
> Pawel
>
> Chuong, Patrick wrote:
> > On some of our device, the size of the opCode can be from 1 byte to
40+
> > bytes. Sometime there is no way that we can know the start address
for
> > each opCode is valid or not unless there is symbol nearby. There is
one
> > requirement that I request is to have some kind of indication
(visual
> > feedback) to the user that the disassembled block might not be
correct.

> > Regards,
> > Patrick

Samantha

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

Patrick
> >> Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:05 PM
> >> To: Device Debugging developer discussions
> >> Subject: RE: [dsdp-dd-dev] Disassembly View Requirement
> >>
> >> John,
> >>
> >> We have two options to show mixed mode, and I don't have any strong
> >> opinion which way is better. They both have pros and cons. If I
have a
> >> choice, than I think it will make more sense to have the current
CDT
> >> disassembly window to show address base mixed mode and have the
editor
> >> to show source base mixed mode :)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Patrick

disassembly+source.

> >> Whether this is a hard requirement for us, that's a different
story.
> >> I don't know how disappointed our existing users will be when they
are
> >> unable to do the same in Eclipse. Certainly, of paramount
importance is

> >> being able to disassemble an arbitrary block of memory.
> >> The rest seems like a usability issue.
> >>
> >> John

> > requirements.

non-contiguous