RE: [dsdp-dd-dev] Disassembly View Requirement

I agree 100%. The challenge there will be in building that framework and, just as important, building up a pool of components that we can all share. In our environment, the smarts to do that sort of thing (disassemble, parse symbolics) exists as C++ code in components that plug into our debugger engine. For the model we've been discussing in this thread, we'd need those capabilities to exist as Eclipse plugins. And of course, it doesn't make sense for two companies to write, say, a dwarf parser and ARM disassembler. So, we need some coordination to make this happen.

The framework and its layers seems like a fairly large undertaking that should probably be driven by a dedicated technology subgroup. It will enable quite a number of other technologies.

John