Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Re: Disassembly Presentation Discussion (formerly Memory View discussion) (Samantha Chan)

Duane, it seems to me you're making two points.

1. The issue of forcing a memory view to synch up with what's on the target.
This is really a separate issue from the memview-disassembler topic of this thread. This is no more a concern for showing memory as disassembly as it is for showing it as bytes.

2. We don't want the memory view to show disassembly from image code.
What we've been talking about is taking what the target reports as being memory, and showing it not as a series of memory units but as disassembly. So, your request is implicitly in synch with what this feature is about. This feature would not end up asking gdb (through CDT) to disassemble the function "foo", but to produce disassembly from the memory at address 0x12345678 (which could be the func entry point of "foo"). As such, the gdb behavior you described would not come into play.

John