Re: [Dltk-dev] Consider switch to Java 8

Can we start using Java 8 now? I would like to bring shell editor back to the state prior to DLTK contribution.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Kaloyan Raev <kaloyan.r@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Let's do it 😊

Kaloyan

From: dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Michal Niewrzal <michal.n@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 3:25:18 PM
To: DLTK Developer Discussions
Subject: [Dltk-dev] Consider switch to Java 8

+1 for Java 8

Michal

Od: dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> w imieniu użytkownika akurtakov <akurtakov@xxxxxxxxx>
Wysłane: 13 lipca 2016 14:22
Do: DLTK Developer Discussions
Temat: Re: [Dltk-dev] Consider switch to Java 8

+1 for Java 8

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Alexey Panchenko <alex.panchenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1 for java 8

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Dawid Pakuła <zulus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

one year ago I prepared patch that allow create PackageDeclaration inside another IModelElements (IType / IMethod) [1]

Unfortunately becuase it require BC on some main interfaces was never merged. But I have a hope that Java 8 allow us to modify interfaces without increasing major DLTK version.

What you think? Neon already have this requirement.

--
Dawid Pakuła