[Dltk-dev] Easier builds

Hi everyone,
I finally found (more of bored of other things) some timeĀ  to setup an aggregation build. Current way of cloning all repos in proper places invoking from one of them (releng) which goes up the dir tree which may or may not be properly/already cloned is hard to setup for newcomers.

So here is the better way - http://git.eclipse.org/c/dltk/org.eclipse.dltk.all.git/ :

1. Git clone - `git clone https://git.eclipse.org/r/dltk/org.eclipse.dltk.all`
2. Get into the dir - `cd org.eclipse.dltk.all`
3. Build and enjoy - `mvn clean verify`

There are many enhancements that can be implemented on top of it, ranging from simpler hudson jobs to simplifying the current releng module and pulling real top level config to the aggregator module. But I don't know whether/when I may have time for it so for now this is where I stop - just having an easy to setup builds.
Btw, it would be nice if tagging (is it automated now?) happens properly for this repo too, we would have to figure what does it really mean though.

Anyway, enjoy and let me know of issues you face.

Regards,
Alex

Back to the top