De : Kaloyan Raev <kaloyan.r@xxxxxxxx>
À : DLTK Developer Discussions <dltk-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé le : Mardi 22 juillet 2014 15h44
Objet : Re: [Dltk-dev] Avoid emptying / recreating the H2 index upon every project close / open ?

Hi,

I agree with your use case. Closing a project should clean memory, but should not delete any data on persistent storage like the H2 index. Close / open of a project should be cheaper than delete / create.

It's great you want to take the challenge in proposing a patch! I can help you going to the complete process of proposing a patch.

First, you need to open a bug in Bugzilla to the DLTK project: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=DLTK

Then you need to setup you development environment for the patch:
  1. Download and install the Eclipse Standard distro: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
  2. Set your Eclipse PDT installation as target platform - you do this from Window > Preferences > Plug-in Development > Target Platform
  3. Then using EGit clone the DLTK git repo project: git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/dltk/org.eclipse.dltk.core.git
  4. Import the necessary plugin projects - I believe org.eclipse.dltk.core plugin should be enough for this change.

I think it is enough for first step. Let me know when you successfully complete them or if you have any troubles.

Greetings,
Kaloyan

Back to the top