[Dltk-dev] Avoid emptying / recreating the H2 index upon every project close / open ?

Hello

If possible, how difficult would it be to avoid emptying / recreating the H2 index upon every project close / open ? Maybe by splitting the H2 database per-project and querying only projects that are open in the workspace (?)

Using PDT. Initial code review led me to the DLTK module but if this is better handled in PDT please let me know.

Quick use case :

Using Eclipse on a laptop for many projects. One (huge) project is only available on a network drive from a specific location. When moving around without access to the drive, I have to close / reopen the project every time. Can't just close Eclipse leaving the project open since I have to keep working on other projects in the same workspace while on the go.

Rebuilding the full index every time takes ages which is to be expected from such a large code base and that's not the issue. The problem is the index being emptied on closing the project.

Would be great if we could find a way to keep the index for a project while it is closed and reuse it incrementally the way it works if Eclipse is closed and reopened with the project kept open.

I'd be willing to contribute with some help / mentoring on the code base. I've never touched the Eclipse sources.

Thanks