[Dltk-dev] how to install DLTK Ruby on Eclipse for Mac

I'd like to use DLTK Ruby for syntax highlighting and completion and so on of my Ruby code.  But I'm having trouble installing it.

I downloaded the release version from here:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/R1.0/R-1.0-200906171219/

Also, based on the Dependencies listed on that page, I upgraded to Eclipse 3.5 (for Mac OS/X) and also downloaded EMF 2.5 (although it appeared to already be a part of Eclipse 3.5).  My Eclipse 3.5 install seems to work (not sure if there is some way to verify EMF).

I didn't see any install instructions for DLTK, so I just copied the contents of the "features" and "plugins" folders to my Eclipse features and plugins directories and restarted Eclipse.

I don't see any DLTK Ruby capabilities in Eclipse, though.  In particular, I was looking for a Perspective or a some Ruby options in the Eclipse Preferences.  Nothing at all.  No errors that I can see.  If I look in the installed software, I do see several DLTK entries, though.

Is there some other install procedure I should follow?

Thanks for any help.

Marc

Back to the top