[Dltk-dev] Problem with custom ScriptCommentScanner

Hi list,

I have extended ScriptCommentScanner, returning my own comment char ('), rather than the default (#).
The text "TODO" highlights properly.
However, the "task" marker does not appear in the ruler, nor does the TODO appear in the task list.

But, if I add # after my ', the marker appears and the task appears in the task list - although the highlighting breaks on the TODO token.

Have I missed something?
I am overriding both getCommentChar() and createTodoRule() - the latter simply returns a TodoTagRule rather than the default implementation, which seems to me a bit tidier, as the default createTodoRule() appears to be duplicating code implemented in TodoTagRule. Both the default and my overridden methods result in the same outcome as described.

These are the lines in the source I describe :

' TODO - something

'# TODO - something

The first highlights correctly, but isn't picked up as a Task.
The second is seen as a task but not highlighted correctly.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

regards,

Brucey

Back to the top