From: "Gabriel Petrovay" <gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx>
To: alex@xxxxxxxxx, "dltk-dev" <dltk-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:24:55 AM GMT +06:00 Almaty, Novosibirsk
Subject: Re: Re: Extending and increasing visibility for members of  AbstractScriptInterpreterDialog

Hi Alex,

My opinion is that the logic of verifying interpreter executable files, providing interpreter arguments, generating interpreter names, collecting ILibraryLocations, etc must be built in the install type. By implementing something in the Runner classes you don't allow the users to configure that fields. Moreover, having the same kind of implementation for all these Interpreter fields is uniform and easy to understand.

Regarding the hiding of the environment block: this block it not interesting for the instal type. The Interpreter install type provides content (names, arruments, env vars., libraries) and does not care about UI. If the block is shown or not, it doesn't realy matter. I could always show it in my implemetation. But there is a need for providing content for such fields (all of them uniformly).

I hope this make sense!

--
MSc Gabriel Petrovay
MCSA, MCDBA, MCAD