From: "Christian Thillemann" <christianthillemann@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "DLTK Developer Discussions" <dltk-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2009 4:55:21 PM GMT +06:00 Almaty, Novosibirsk
Subject: [Dltk-dev] DBGp no context_get command

Hi

We’re currently experiencing a bit of trouble concerning the DBGp, the problem is the context_get command. When we switch to debug view, the IDE sends the context_names command, and our debugger responds beautifully – no worries. But then all of a sudden it happens; nothing happens…

context_names -d 0 -i 54

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<response command="context_names" transaction_id="54">

<context name="Local" id="0"/>

<context name="Class" id="1"/>

<context name="Global" id="2"/>

</response>

We’ve run in to these sorts of problems before and often it’s because some id is wrong in the definition of a extension point or that kind stupid mistake. We’ve figured out that it properly has something to do with the variables view, since it is here the variables should be shown, and the context_names command is only sent whenever the variables view is visible. We don’t get any errors, exception or anything – nothing.

So before we start spending (even more) hours on locating the problem, we’d just like to hear if you have some hint towards narrowing down our search, what extension(s) we might have forgot to implement, or what class(es) we might try debugging?

Any clues would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Christian & Dave