Re: [Dltk-dev] Breakpoint and dbgp question

Hi again Alex,

First of all; thank you for your swift response!

As you wrote; all registered breakpoints should be sent to the debugging engine at the start of a new session. Our problem however, and that was actually the question in the first in the first mail (sorry for not being precise enough), is that this doesn’t happen. The debugger sends a nice init packet and the ide sends the set_feature command and so forth. We can run the thing as well, but for some reason the IDE does not send the set_breakpoint command.

Do you have an idea about what the reason for this not happening could be?

We also want to thank you for your response on our second question too, I think we’re gonna go for the custom DBGP commands approach.

Cheers

Dave & Christian

Alex Panchenko skrev:
Hi David & Christian,

There are two ways to send breakpoints to the debugging engine.
At the start of the new session all registered breakpoints are sent to the debugging engine.
Next org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptBreakpointManager instance (for each session) is registered to listen for breakpoint changes. So future breakpoint changes are relayed to the debugging engine. You can turn on the DBGP logging, so actually sent commands and responses could be monitored in the view.
You can debug what actually happens there, since it is hard to tell why it does not work for you.

If you need to pass something to the debugging engine then you basically have 2 ways: command line and socket connection (introduce custom DBGP commands and send them after session start). Just select the one that better fits your use case.

Regards,
Alex