[Dltk-dev] Python IDE status? can't launch simple threading example

Dear DLTK developers,
I would like to use the Python IDE with the DLTK Core Framework. Is the integration build supposed to have reached a usable state?
Or is Python considered just another language to demonstrate the capabilities of DLTK and the IDE is just a proof-of-concept?
Which other supported language best reflects all possibilities of DLTK? I could never become friends with Tcl or PHP. Is Ruby or Javascript support more advanced than Python?

Now I come to my simple problem. I am wondering whether I am doing something wrong, or whether I shouldn't expect too much from the current dltk-python plugin, or whether it makes sense to file a bug report?

I try to launch or debug (using ActiveState debugger) the following example in the Python IDE:
==========
import threading
import time

class LoopingThread (threading.Thread):
  def __init__(self,id):
    threading.Thread.__init__(self)
    self.id=id
  def run (self):
      while(True):
        print "id="+str(self.id)
        time.sleep(0.5)

for i in range(2):
    LoopingThread(i).start()
================

Launching this script (Menu Run->Run as->Python Script) shows no output at all and loops forever.

In Debug mode I can make the script run and produce the expected output only if I set a breakpoint on the last line ("LoopingThread(i).start()") and then step over that start() call. If I debug without breakpoint or if I resume without explicitly stepping over the start() call, the debugger terminates without any output.

Can you reproduce the behaviour and explain possible reasons?
Thank you
Karl

I used these versions:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/R1.0/I-I200812180549-200812180549/dltk-core-I-I200812180549-200812180549-incubation.zip