Re: [Dltk-dev] Performance issue

  i've noticed this as well - one of the issues w/ the folding is that it reparses the source module directly instead of using the SourceParserUtils class (i think that's it, i'm not looking at the code) that will check the cache and use that ModuleDeclaration object if it exists.

  i have been looking into fixing this, but have been tied up with things at the day job lately.

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Alex Panchenko <alex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Didier,

It looks like the folding code is slow on large files.
Would you please check how it works for you with disabled folding?

There were several optimizations recently, but it looks like additional efforts are required.

Regards,
Alex

----- Original Message -----
From: "didier barzin" <didier@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "DLTK Developer Discussions" <dltk-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:22:07 AM GMT +06:00 Almaty, Novosibirsk
Subject: Re: [Dltk-dev] Performance issue

2008/12/9 Alex Panchenko <alex@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Didier,
>
> I am not sure how to interpret the results - is it the elapsed time or CPU time?

Yes, it is CPU time.

> What profiler (and profiling mode) you have used to generate these statistics?

I use the profiler included in Eclipse Ganymede.

> Is it possible to generate statistics in the call-hierarchy format?

I am not able to generate other statistics due to amount of time it takes.
After two hours, I have forgiven.

> The first item in the statistics is JobManager. It is performing indexing
> tasks, usually the large amount of the time is spent in the source parser
> calls.
>
> How many files do you have in your project? What is the total size of the files?

There are two files in the project. A small one 29K and a big one 2M.
When I remove the big one the performance problem disappear.

> What operations you performed in the profiled application? Where do you
> experience performance problems? What DLTK version do you use?

I used DLTK 1.0.0.v20080815