Re: [Dltk-dev] How to distinguish debug builds from ordinary builds

Thanks Alex.

At 12:59 AM 12/5/2008, you wrote:

1) You can start the build with the
ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace().build(int kind, IProgressMonitor monitor)

Will that force the builder to compile an unmodified script? Any quick DLTK-way to make a specific script file dirty?

2) You should pass options to the builder thru the project preferences.

But actually I would recommend to use the same approach as JDT - always compile the files with the debugging information and just use the different ways to launch. So you don't need to rebuild the project when different launch mode is used.

Unfortunately, the compiled in debug information (which is actually blocks of code) will block waiting for external controls. Not my choice -- just the way this debugger works.

Back to the top