[Dltk-dev] Shell script editor build with dltk questions

Hi,

We (Doug Satchwell and me) are restarting development of shelled plugin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/shelled/).
This is a shell script editor for Eclipse.
Dltk looks like the perfect fit for shell script editor and we would like to rebuild the editor on top of it.
At the end we would like to see it becoming part of the dltk project.
And to achieve this we have some questions:
1. Are you interested in such contribution?
2. Should we propose it for incubation right now or first port it to dltk and propose it after that?
It depends on whether someone is interested helping us on the coding site. Anyway it may be easier if it is in the same repository as dltk so we can easily ask you guys for help when needed :).
3. What are the base apis we should work with? Can we assume that Java 5 and Eclipse 3.4 is OK as a minimum requirement?
Probably it shouldn't be a problem if a plugin requires higher versions than the core plugin but I just want to be sure.

Legal and technical work can go side by side so let's not tie them up.

Any comments, ideas, etc. are welcome.

Alexander Kurtakov

Back to the top