Re: [Dltk-dev] rse plugin

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 21:32, Jae Gangemi wrote:

>   using the 3.1 milestone release fixes my issue. do you think there's any
> harm in using that?

It should be compatible and we will be using it finally.

>   i'm curious to see what it would take to add rse support for my perl
> plugin. i think it would help me get more adoption at the day job if ppl
> could edit files on a remove linux box.

Paths of the external libraries/files always contain enrironmentId in
the beginning of IPath (it is separated with #) . I mean external
source libraries and external programs (interpreter/debugger/etc)
here.

If you need to generate temporary source files for launch/debug/other
tasks you should use IExecutionEnvironment -> IDeployment ->
IFileHandle (just look how Ruby or TCL works).

And after that you should test it thoroughly.

Regards,
Alex