Re: [Dltk-dev] efficiency of running scripts in debug mode

Jason,

DLTK supports Run and Debug launch modes.

In the Run mode the script is started with the interpreter without any debugging engine.

Regards,
Alex

Jason Hadley wrote:
Hello,
as far as I can see the DLTK launch mechanism runs every script by calls to the debug engine.

I wonder whether this does slow down the execution significantly? Or does it have no measurable effect in interpreted languages? What about byte compiled languages like Java and Python?

Is it possible to execute scripts without the debugger detour from DLTK?

Thank you
J. Hadley