From: dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Alex Panchenko
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 4:51 PM
To: DLTK Developer Discussions
Subject: [Dltk-dev] DLTK Builder refactoring

Hi all,

I have made the builder infrastructure refactoring.
The goal is the ability to use any parsers & ASTs when building the
project.

Now IBuildParticipants are called from the org.eclipse.dltk.core plugin.
org.eclipse.dltk.validators.core is used only to launch external
validators.

All build participants now should be configured - i.e. the parser step
too.
e.g. for ruby:

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.dltk.core.buildParticipant">
      <buildParticipant

class="org.eclipse.dltk.core.builder.ParserBuildParticipantFactory"
            id="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.buildParticipant.parser"
            name="Ruby parser"
            nature="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.core.nature">
      </buildParticipant>
      <buildParticipant

class="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.internal.parser.RubyTodoParserType"
            id="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.todo"
            name="Ruby TODO task parser"
            nature="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.core.nature">
            <requires
                  id="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.buildParticipant.parser">
            </requires>
      </buildParticipant>
   </extension>

1st one is standard parser, 2nd one is TODO parser and it depends on the

1st.

Interfaces are changed to the:

public interface IBuildParticipantFactory {
    IBuildParticipant createBuildParticipant(IScriptProject project)
            throws CoreException;
}
public interface IBuildParticipant {
    void build(IBuildContext context) throws CoreException;
}

Regards,
Alex