Re: [Dltk-dev] Scheme IDE posted - alpha version

congratulations!!!!

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 3:42 PM, William Cook <william@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've uploaded a first working version of my
Scheme IDE based on DLTK. Its called

Schemeide
http://schemeide.sourceforge.net/

I used the python IDE as a starting point, took
out all the python-specific stuff and added
some Scheme specific code.

On interesting thing is that I include plugins
that contain executables for Gabmit Scheme
and a debug engine for Gambit. Thus you can
install Schemeide and have a working Scheme
system with debugger quickly and easily. If you
want to install an executable within a plugin,
you can borrow code from me.

I have mostly focused on formatting and
debugging. I have not implemented source
outlining and folding, because I rarely use them.
There are many other things that I need to do
first.

I have had a lot of trouble with the update sites.
I have a few questions:
* Do you have to re-add a feature to the update site
every time the plugin version changes?
* Is there any way for one update site to refer
to another update site for a dependency? I'd love
to point mine at the DLTK site to get a full-automated
install.

Thank you all for your help on this. I could not
have done it without DLTK. Note that the Scheme
community in general cares little about this, because
they seem to prefer emacs and command-line debugging
(or printf debugging). But I happy to have
something like a real debugger for Scheme. Its still
not completely real, because, well, you have to put in
breakpoints manually, and then only on function entry.
But it does have stack inspection, which
is the main thing. If anybody else wants to help,
let me know. Its a work in progress.

William Cook
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/wcook

PS: I think my plugins are still lacking some license
notices.. I'll update that over the next few days.