From: dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dltk-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jae Gangemi
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 10:47 PM
To: DLTK Developer Discussions
Subject: [Dltk-dev] Re: todo marker question/problem

  i have another question/issue regarding this...

  it seems that the TodoTaskSimpleParser (and the TodoTaskAstParser) is looking to see if the '#' character is the start of the comment string, and the '#' value is hard coded. while this is the comment character of choice for most scripting languages, this does not apply to _javascript_.

  it's easy enough for me to pull out that value and expose it as a method that could be overridden in the event that a scripting language uses some other character then '#' to indicate a comment, but i am not sure what to do about the _javascript_ case, since comments are defined using '//'

  i'm thinking the best approach be to just have the comment be returned as a string, and then convert that string to a char array and compare the first X characters of the line content w/ the characters that compose the comment indicator. i could also convert the line contents back into a string and just call 'startsWith', passing the comment string, but that is probably no good performance wise.

  for now i am going to go with the first approach so i can get everything working - if someone has a better way to deal w/ this let me know and i'll make the appropriate adjustments.

  it's nice to be working on things again, if only there were more hours in my day...

--
-jae

Back to the top