[Dltk-dev] todo marker question/problem

hello all -

  question first:

  i'm working on adding 'todo' marker support to my perl plugin (along w/ the python and _javascript_ plugins since they don't have it yet) and i noticed today's extension point change. i currently have the following configuration in my plugin.xml file:

<extension
    point="org.eclipse.dltk.validators.core.validator">
    <validatorType
      class="org.perlipse.internal.parser.PerlTodoTaskParserType"
      id="org.perlipse.core.todo"
      nature="org.perlipse.core.perlipseNature">
    </validatorType>
</extension>

  i noticed that the ruby configuration was updated to this:

<extension
     point="org.eclipse.dltk.validators.core.buildParticipant">
     <buildParticipant
            class="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.internal.parser.RubyTodoParserType"
            id="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.todo"
            nature="org.eclipse.dltk.ruby.core.nature">
     </buildParticipant>
</extension>

  in both cases, the todo markers are still processed correctly, so what is the difference between these two extension points? it's no big deal for me to make adjustments, i just want to understand what the difference is.

  now for the issue:

  todo markers are not making their way into the editor rulers or the 'tasks' view if the source file sits outside of a 'source' folder. this may be very similiar to the issue i reported last week where i was unable to save changes to scripts that were not contained within a source folder.

--
-jae

Back to the top