Re: [Dltk-dev] Extensibility

Alex,

I understand that some languages do not have built-in debug engines. But I think that
it would be better to *pretend* that they do. But my impression is that they can be
made to look built in, because they are  just options that determine how the
interpreter is launched.

I have worked around it by having a single debug engine with no properties for Scheme.

Thanks for the tips, I do use Ctrl-Shift-G but had not tried Ctrl-Alt-H. The problem
is that I often don't know what I'm looking for until you find it :-)

I'm getting close to an alpha release of my Scheme IDE plugin. Is hosting it on
SourceForge the best idea?

William

Alex Panchenko wrote:
William,

I think that debugging engines preference page should look similar to the formatter: the drop down list and the [Configure...] button to open engine specific dialog. The configure button would be available only for those engines which needs to be configured.

And probably these two fields (drop down list and button) could be placed in the interpreter dialog.

Not all programming languages contain built-in debugging engine. For java there are no external debugging engines since it is already built-in into java.exe and is activated with special command line options. Ruby interpreter does not contain builtin debugging engine - all of them are external to the interpreter.

And some tips on working with DLTK and Eclipse (if you already use it this way - just ignore this part of the message).

Probably it would be more convenient for you to checkout the DLTK sources from CVS, so you can use Eclipse search features:
Ctrl-Shift-G - to search references to the selected element
Ctrl-Alt-H to display call hierarchy of the selected method

Regards,
Alex

Back to the top