Re: [Dltk-dev] DLTK Debug Support

Hi Edgar,

At the moment DLTK debugging support is based on the DBGP protocol implementation. It is implemented that way since it is (some kind of) standard and there are DBGP capable debugging engines for some of the languages that were initially supported by DLTK. So single DBGP implementation on the IDE side works with Ruby/TCL/Javascript/etc.

It is possible to implement any protocol in DLTK, but it requires to modify almost all of the debugging support. Probably it would be easier for you to implement just DBGP protocol support for the ANTLR, but it depends on you.
You are welcome to extend DLTK debugging support where needed.

Regards,
Alex

Edgar Espina wrote:
Hi all,

I can't understand why DLTK is tied to DBGP protocol. In my case, ANTLR has a custom debug protocol and I can't use nothing of the DLTK debugging support.

 It should be great if I can specify my own protocol.

 What do you think? Is it possible?

 Thanks!
edgar