[diffmerge-dev] Support for SVN

Hi,

A few months ago, we had news about Subversive, the Eclipse project that provides an SVN client in Eclipse.

1.      It dropped out of the Eclipse simultaneous release [1].

2.      Even more importantly, “The Eclipse Subversive project committers are no longer able to support the project.” [1].

The SVN support of EMF Diff/Merge (EDM) relies on Subversive. Issue 1 thus means that this SVN support cannot be included in the simultaneous release.

Now the question is: given issue 2, does it still make sense to maintain SVN support in EDM at all?

My opinion is that it should probably be dropped. If you have concerns about this, please raise a hand.

Best regards,

Olivier

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg15222.html

Back to the top