[dash-dev] Maven Tools for Eclipse RC1 ready

Hello,

I've finished RC1 of my Maven Tools for Eclipse. All major features should be there.

I'll try to create a new testing repo over the weekend, so we can get the patches wrapped up.

Please read my announcement on http://blog.pdark.de/2011/05/13/maven-tools-for-eclipse-m2-repository-analysis-and-dependency-management/

Major pain points:

1. We probably need a tool to convert the M2 repo in tmp/ into the repo suitable for Nexus. This should either get Nexus to reload the cache or I'll have to add specific instructions how to do this.

2. The sample report shows the major problems with the current repo: "catch all" versions ("[0,)"), one missing dependency (org.eclipse.team:org.eclipse.team.cvs.ssh2:3.2.300), duplicates (javax.xml.bind:javax.xml.bind, javax.servlet:javax.servlet, org.apache.commons:org.apache.commons.logging, org.w3c.dom:org.w3c.dom.smil)

Is it safe to replace "[0,)" with the version found in the repo? Or should I open roughly 500 bugs in bugzilla to get people to use a proper version range?

Where is org.eclipse.team:org.eclipse.team.cvs.ssh2?

Anything I'm missing?

http://www.pdark.de/                   http://blog.pdark.de/

Back to the top