[dash-dev] Maven repositories at Eclipse

I have set up the Maven Eclipse repositories as follows:

* build {central,sonatype,codehaus} - for executing builds against e.g. pluginDependency (mirror)
* build-snapshots {codehaus-snapshots) - for David's FindBugs dependency for those that need it (mirror)
* integration {integration-juno} - for I builds (-SNAPSHOT)
* milestone {milestone-juno} - for M builds (release)
* nightly {nightly-juno} - for N builds (-SNAPSHOT)
* release {release-helios,release-ganymede} - for releases (release)
* orbit - for orbit approved dependencies
* testing - for our testing purposes

I have put these repositories under /home/nexus/repositories with the nightly/milestone/integration as parent directories. This should allow us to roll forward with new releases as they come up, whilst aggregating under the repository URL for the group.

I have put {integration,milestone,nightly,release} as the defined set for the public repositories. I'm unsure what to do for orbit. If we include it in the public repositories, then it may prevent others from consuming from there and central. On the other hand, there may be some things in orbit which aren't available elsewhere that we need to address. I suspect we can fix this subsequently.

Lastly, this will be a little ugly as a URL:

We may want to set up a rewrite rule so that (e.g.)

which would then let us use http://maven.eclipse.org/maven2 as the pubic facing URL for access to the outside world.

Alex

Back to the top