Re: [dash-dev] Current promotion strategy for Buckminster Users

Title: Re: [dash-dev] Current promotion strategy for Buckminster Users
You guys can get a ZIP of everything as well:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/view/WTP/job/cbi-wtp-inc-xquery-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/sourceediting/development/org.eclipse.wst.xquery.repository/target/site/*zip*/site.zip

You can see an Ant script that does the publishing here:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/webtools/org.eclipse.webtools.incubator.git/tree/sourceediting/development/org.eclipse.wst.xquery.releng/publish.xml?h=xquery-dev

Modify as you wish for your own jobs.

Dave

That is an example of getting a ZIP file that contais everything that was Archived for the last XQuery milestone we just published to download.eclipse.org.   Once you have the zip, you can
On 09/22/2010 11:31 AM, Trip Gilman wrote:
It appears that the foundation hudson doesn’t have the “trunk” part of the url indicated in the document which was causing the 404s.  The proper url format is:

    https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/[job name]/lastSuccessfulBuild/

>From what I can tell, you can either have the system return you an XML document, a JSON fragment, or executable python code that builds the object structure for python scripts.  So far it looks like the procedure is going to be something like:

  1. Build finishes in hudson archiving the build artifacts locally and making them available through this remote API
  2. A custom application is triggered via cron tab that accesses this API and retrieves the general build information
  3. The information is processed and the appropriate artifacts are retrieved via HTTP from the hudson server and copied locally
  4. Once the download is verified (not sure how this will be done), the local file is then published to the downloads directory path on the build server for mirroring.

The application run on build.eclipse.org is going to have to be far more intelligent and capable than earlier ant/bash script incarnations as the information must be parsed from a formatted document.  It will also be more difficult as we’ll need to reproduce the add/remove/update features already present in the original cbi scripts.  Am I missing something that would make this process less complex?  What do you guys think?

Trip