Re: [dash-dev] SCM and Buckminster on Hudson

On Jul 9, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Nick Boldt wrote:
> But as I said before... if Buckminster is working for you, use that.

Did I say that? Actually it is closer than it has ever been before but that doesn't imply that it ever will. ;)

> Because it's built on top of PDE, it supports more of what PDE does. Tycho is attempting to bring p2 and osgi to the maven world, so a lot is being recreated. As such, it may not be as complete as Buckminster. (I'm not an expert - I just know what I've tried.)

Yeah, that's my thinking. Especially with B3 upcoming and so on, I think I want to stay on the train as much as I can. Plus the infrastructure keeps adding these nice little bits for free like the ability to create team project sets automatically. I hope I don't lose too many of the Athena goodies if I go to a buckminster based build.

> You can refer to ${WORKSPACE} (resolves to local path within a build job), or http:// paths to jobs' workspaces/archives.

Yeah, I'm just worried about the relative paths. But I realized that it is much better to create archives and do the http route anyway. Locally I'm just going to do an absolute path to it. It's not like the jobs are hard to setup on other servers if you need to do that manually.

> Because build.eclipse.org knows that http://build.eclipse.org is local, it serves content from the local DNS and downloads are fast; as well, if your upstream stuff gets built on a slave instead of the master, you're not broken because the path or server changes.

Yep, which is why I was wondering about access to web dirs as well.

Back to the top