Re: [dash-dev] IDE builds with Athena?

Thanks Dave. I definetly don't want to go the buckminster route as it looks like setting up a whole new build design and athena is working so well now!

The use case is  basically just giving the user exactly waht they would get if they downloaded the platform sdk and then went to my update sites. As much progress as P2 has made, some users are simply not going to get past the "download and then.." stage. I don't actually need a full product build, though I could do that if necessary. What I want is simply a downloadable SDK that includes the set of features I want. It seems like it should be theoretically easy to set this up, as there is already a perfect source update site built. I'm thinking that the basic steps are something like:

1. Grab donor SDKs for each of the respective platform builds and unzip them.
2. (The hard part) somehow trigger an automated install for each of those on the non-target machine.
3. Then zip everything back up and upload to download server.

I suppose one could just throw everything into dropins, but that would be a pretty ugly solution. Anyway, I could put together a simple ant script for this if I knew how to do step 2..anyone have any ideas?