Re: [dash-dev] Athena: different binary dependencies for building and testing

Uh, yeah... they do. SVN checkout works fine on build.eclipse.org

And as Dave points out, you can have one job for build and one for test.

Or, even simpler, rather than having 3 buckets of IUs for build, build+test, and test (I picture a Venn diagram with two overlapping circles), simply include everything you need for building and/or testing in the IUsToInstall property and you'll be set for the whole process.

Why don't you want your test deps available when building?

David Carver wrote:
Another way to do this is to split your job into two, I believe. And if you are using the ANT based JOBs instead of the BASH jobs, you can specify change your dependencies in the JOB configuration and pass in the appropriate property settings.

Unfortunately, if you are using SVN, currently the ANT based jobs doesn't support SVN checkout correctly via MAP files. There is an open bug for that.

Dave

Nicolas Bros wrote:
Hi,

MoDisco uses Acceleo generators, which need the bundle in which they are defined to be installed for building them (so that the required metamodel is in the EMF registry). In order to bootstrap the build, I added the binary bundle resulting from the previous build to the binary dependencies. Problem is, when provisioning the testing target platform, P2 complains that it cannot install this bundle twice, with 2 different versions.

So, I'd like to be able to specify different binary dependencies for building and testing.
Would it be possible to add properties like:
additionalIUsToInstallForBuild
additionalIUsToInstallForTest
--
Nicolas Bros