Re: [dash-dev] Athena: hide the "all" feature

And if I add the "bin.includes" again with the "p2.inf" file present, the build succeeds but the feature appears on the update site.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Nicolas Bros <nbros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for your help. I have removed the "bin.includes" from the feature, and added a "p2.inf" file with the 2 lines you gave, but the build now fails with this error:
The installable unit org.eclipse.gmt.modisco.all.feature.group has not been found.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Andrew Niefer <aniefer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This will depend on how Athena does its integration with p2.  Nick should be able to clarify.

- if using "generate.p2.metadata=true", this is generating p2 metadata based on the binary results of the build.  In this case, simply not having a binary jar for this top level feature will do what you want.  This is done by making sure that the build.properties for the feature does not have a "bin.includes" property

- if using "p2.gathering=true", this is generating p2 metadata directly from the source, in this case you will end up with a metadata group (but no artifact if you don't define bin.includes).  In this case you will want to turn off the "group" property, do this by providing a p2.inf beside the feature.xml and adding the following:
properties.1.name=org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.group
properties.1.value=false

-Andrew

From: Nicolas Bros <nbros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tools for Committer Community <dash-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 12/03/2009 04:52 AM
Subject: [dash-dev] Athena: hide the "all" feature
Sent by: dash-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Athena takes a single feature to build (unless I am mistaken).
So, I have created an "all" feature that references the other features, and that I choose as "mainFeatureToBuildID" in my build.properties.

This works fine, but I would like this feature NOT to appear on the list of features available on the update site built by Athena. How would you do this?
--
Nicolas Bros
R&D

nbros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx