Re: [dash-dev] Re: Athena OS X Local Build

OK, to be clear, I did read "My build complains.." :)

On Sep 2, 2009, at 3:23 PM, Nick Boldt wrote:

effect. :( Renaming to build.properties looks to have solved this issue.

Yes, or tweak the .releng/build.xml to use a different
build.properties.whatever file than the default.

Right.. If I mod JavaSE-1.6, J2SE-1.5, etc.. in my build- custom.properties
file then that should fix it locally, correct? Or do I need to modify
something else? When I use the settings that I sent in other msg, no joy.

Yes, whatever you set in your build.xml / build.whatever.properties
will override values in common.releng/server.properties and
common.releng/build.properties.

Hmm.. chaging myproject.releng build.xml to replace:

		<property file="build.properties" />

with:

		<property file="build-local.properties" />

*doesn't* seem to work properly, i.e. it looks as though build.properties is still somehow used and the new definitions for the targets are not brought in from build-local.properties.

I tested this by verifying build.properties worked properly, copying it to build-local.properties, breaking build.properties and specifying build-local.properties as the only property file in myproject.releng. Are we supposed to also change the common build stuff, or is this a Bug? (See below as this may have to do with property definition order.)

My setup is all 64. And you're right, its just installed through update manager. But as Mac OS doesn't provide libraries in standard way; i.e. lre/lib/rt.jar, I've modified the JavaSE-1.6 entries, etc.. Instead I'm
using the jars that are specified

Cool. If you want those added to the global definitions in
server.properties so *everyone* gets them, then send me a patch and
I'll review/commit it.

I think you have that working correctly actually. After doing a bit of experimentation I think the issue was that JAVA_HOME(s) weren't being taken properly. As above, if I put the following in a build- local.properties and specifiy it in the build.xml, but don't have it in the build.properties it fails. But if I put it in build.properties but not in build-local, it succeeds, even though I am not exlipictly specifying build.properties anywhere. My guess is that all of the Java target entires are getting populated by default and then not overridden by the other properties files.

JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/ Home
JAVA50_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}
JAVA50_64_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}
JAVA60_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}
JAVA60_64_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}
JAVA14_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}
JAVADOC_HOME=${JAVA_HOME}/bin

One thing I noted is that the compiler being used is actually Eclipse Java
Compiler 0.A06, 3.6.0 M1, Copyright IBM Corp 2000, 2009. All rights
reserved. Is that 64-bit? If not should I be specifying the Apple javac
somehow?

No, to compile osgi stuff (eg., eclipse plugins) AFAIK the eclipse
java compiler must be used because it's "smarter" than the pure java
compiler w.r.t. dependency resolution and osgi relationships in
manifests.

Yeah, makes sense. that was kind of a long shot anyway.

But alls well that ends well, the basic build is working now! :)

Back to the top