Re: [dash-dev] Archive the Eclipse Monkey component

Paul,
I agree - but in the end, the committers make the decisions and if the project is rebooted because of the inactivity of the current committers (including me), then the new committers get to set the direction of the project.  Of course (hint, hint), if you'd like to up your activity level and bring the project back to life, then of course you'd have more say in it's direction.

- Bjorn

Paul Colton wrote:
Re: [dash-dev] Archive the Eclipse Monkey component I think Eclipse Monkey is about enabling scripting in Eclipse. Renaming it Groovy Eclipse Monkey I think takes away from the goal of having pluggable scripting languages for general purpose Eclipse scripting (for example, we support Ruby now in Eclipse Monkey in our Aptana Studio product).

I think keeping it more general, and adding Groovy support, as was the original pan with James joined, would still be a worthwhile path.
--

[end of message]

Back to the top