Re: [dash-dev] Archive the Eclipse Monkey component

I'm coming very late to the party, but I would hate to see Eclipse Monkey die. I in fact just wrote an article about it, hoping to introduce it to a brand new audience - IBM midrange programmers using the IBM Rational tools.

http://www.mcpressonline.com/websphere/wdsc/introducing-eclipse-monkey.html

I've even written a class or two that helps me make better use of Eclipse Monkey. While I don't have any great amounts of time to contribute, I'd like to try to do whatever I can to help the project continue. For me, having a JavaScript-based scripting language that I can use to make my RPG programming easier is worth the time. My wife might disagree, of course...

I need to spend some time with Groovy Monkey to see what I need to do to get up to speed. I'm not clear whether folding into the Groovy Monkey project will make the JavaScript support go away; I hope not. I'm not sure I'm ready to learn another syntax, but what the heck, I'm learning EGL - why not Groovy!

Joe
I would be happy to migrate my groovy monkey tool into Eclipse Monkey, since the whole project appears to be moribund. There are alot more features I want to add and would love the opportunity to distribute that work to the most people possible.

I know that I was made a member back about a year ago and due to personal circumstances, I was not able to follow up and now my membership seems kinda dead.

I would love it if some ppl took a look at groovy monkey ( http://groovy-monkey.sourceforge.net/update http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy+Monkey ) and see if that is the way that they would like this project to go.

Thanks,
James