[dash-dev] Can't see custom DOM classes in Packages object

I've successfully created my own DOM, put it in a plug-in and accessed it in an Eclipse 3.2.2 workbench. It correctly contributed a top-level name that I can use in my scripts. At this point, though, I'm getting a bit lost. I can't access any of the classes in my DOM plug-in using Packages, and I'd really like to be able to do that.

Mostly I'm now running on curiosity: I can't get my head around the rules governing the Packages object. It seems that it sees everything no the classpath when the engine starts (I've checked this using the Rhino debugger and my own jar files). However, the Eclipse Monkey trick of loading the DOM on demand seems to somehow get the packages available to the engine, but still invisible to Packages.

I'd like to know how I can take an arbitrary class from my plug-in and reflect it into JavaScript. Can it even be done from a script? Or does it need to be done in the Activator code for the plug-in? Or maybe even in the call to the DOMFactory object?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

Back to the top