From: dash-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dash-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dickens, Thomas P
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 10:45 AM
To: Tools for Committer Community
Subject: RE: [dash-dev] Documentation for built-in DOMs?

The Eclipse scripting capability promises to be very powerful.
I've been trying to write a script, but the lack of documentation is a
problem!

I have a script that successfully locates two files I've
specified in a pop-up dialog. It took hours of trial-and-error
and looking at the few code samples available to get the first
part of the script running successfully. Here is the code after I have
located the two target files.

        files = resources.filesMatching( "reg exp from dialog..." );
        if( files.length == 2 ) {
           f0 = files[0].getEclipseObject() ;
           f1 = files[1].getEclipseObject() ;
         // compare with each other code goes here
      }

I now want to invoke the Eclipse "Compare with each other" right-click
menu option on these two files.

Any ideas or help on how to do this???

The DOM my script uses is:
 * DOM:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dash/update/org.eclipse.eclipsemo
nkey.lang.javascript

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Tom Dickens -- Boeing Associate Technical Fellow --
thomas.p.dickens@xxxxxxxxxx