[dash-dev] Python Monkey

Hi,

First, thanks for your innovative work on Eclipse Monkey. I was really
excited when I first heard about Eclipse Monkey, hoping to boost my
productivity by quickly typing some scripts.

Unfortunately, whenever I actually tried to get down to accomplish
anything with Eclipse Monkey I always got frustrated the accessible
classes are too limited, and because I'm not very familiar with
JavaScript.

So I decided to bite the bullet, and implement support for Python in
Eclipse Monkey. It was surprisingly simple:
 - Eclipse Monkey's interface for new languages language interface is
very clean and small
 - Jython handles two way calling between Java and Python classes

I manage to rewrite all the Eclipse Monkey examples in Python, without
using DOMs, and with a minimum increase in the number of lines.

More details on http://code.google.com/p/jrfonseca/wiki/PythonMonkey .

If you'd like to include it the official Eclipse Monkey, I'd be happy
to do the changes you see fit. Please let me know.

Regards,

José Fonseca

Back to the top