RE: [dash-dev] Monkey Question

Excellent. I've recently replaced Eclipse 3.2 with 3.3 and installed the
Monkey plugin.

I'm attempting to implement a fit-to-purpose search facility that would
allow a technical writer to extract error codes and messages from the
source and produce a portable plain-text output file suitable for
inclusion and editing in a desktop publishing app.

Referring to the few examples, I've created a .js file containing the
fragment

/*
 * Menu: Text > Search Error Codes
 * Kudos: Brad Harper
 * License: EPSIIA Corp., proprietary copyright, 2007
 * DOM:
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/dash/update/org.eclipse.eclipsemo
nkey.lang.javascript
 */

importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.search.core.text);

function main() {
  searchEngine = TextSearchEngine.createDefault();
}

I get the following error messages, depending on the various
arrangements
tried [with importPackage()]

  ReferenceError: "importPackage is not defined.
  ReferenceError: "TextSearchEngine" is not defined.

and [without importPackage()]

  TypeError: createDefault is not a function.

I'm fully aware that I'm not only jumping into ECMA scripting, but also
sorrowfully lacking experience with Eclipse platform APIs.

Any tip? Cheers.

Brad