Re: [dash-dev] Move from CVS to SVN

Unfortunately I tried it before and it did not work..  I am going to dive into this more deeply..

On 2/26/07, Oberhuber, Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi James,

did you try this:

For the TM project, I've been trying out SVN in a sandbox on the Eclipse Servers,
and hat quite some issues - see below. If you do want to try SVN and help fixing
these issues, you're more than welcome! Feel free to re-use our sandbox:

FYI, the issues I've found are:
* With Subversive client, repository access is painfully slow. Moreover, a colleague
  just was unable to commit anything - it would always fail due to network issues.

* With Subclipse client, things were better. Had to switch off the native client, but
  with the plain Java one it was quite ok. Faster than Subversive, but still quite a
  bit slower than CVS.

* Releng tools like "Search CVS", "Relnote Generator" dont work with SVN.

* I'm unsure whether the Mapfiles of the releng build process work with SVN.

Summing up, I was looking forward to SNV a lot, but after trying it out I
was disappointed and decided to keep using CVS.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.