[dash-dev] Tentative proposal for architecture...

Eclipse Monkey Group,

Thanks for the call today. I'd like to propose a tentative architecture for moving forward and default language support --

It seems what is needed to support 'any' scripting language in EMonkey it at least the following:

- a 'core' DOM extension point that is Java-only and scripting language agnostic
- we decide on a reasonable set of core DOM extensions (i.e. Resources, Views, Editors, Sharing, etc.)
- scripting language specific extensions for making the core DOM more script language 'native' (i.e. more "pythony")

I'd also suggest:

- _javascript_ is the default, full implementation of the core DOM -- other languages can write extensions to the core and be available as downloadable extensions

Thoughts?

Paul Colton
aptana.com | aptana.tv

Back to the top