[dash-dev] Idea for a new Tool

I have an idea for a new tool for committers. A google map that shows the currently location of the Eclipse committer community. Admittedly, most of the entries will probably be in Ottawa :), but it might be interesting to plot the current location of our community. I'm not sure about the privacy rights, but what if we just used the postal / zip code and didn't actually put the names we should be ok. I am pretty sure we filled out this information when we sent in our committer forms.

We could use something like frappr maps; but if we ran the script that populated the map, the community wouldn't actually have to register to see the results.

Anyways, just an idea.

Cheers,
Ian

Back to the top