Re: [dali-dev] Status of API changes for Keppler ?

> All the provisional API changes should be well documented at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/New_Help_for_Old_Friends_VIII.  If they are not, then please notify us here on the list or via bugzilla.

The number of changes were rather great so not easy to spot. Fred, Koen and Denis on cc - if you guys spotted something not covered in that doc please add to this thread.

> The M4 changes were announced in summary via the Dali weekly status report. [1]  M5 has not yet completed for us, so I hadn't yet announced any changes for it, though I wouldn't be surprised if the changes were already documented in the link above.

We just recently moved to M5 and thats where we spotted the changes at compile level - hard to check these things manually ;)

> There are some additional API changes coming to our PersistentType hierarchy in order to support JPA 2.1 Converters in M6 (an unfortunate but necessary change).  This should be the bulk of the changes for M6.  I do not expect any provisional API changes past M6.

Great to know!

> I would expect much less in the way of changes beyond Kepler.  As always, any contributions/assistance are welcome.  It may also help to think of these changes as improvements to the performance, functionality, reliability, and maintainability of your product's code base. : )  There's a significant upside associated with the cost.

Yes, but also significant downside since our plans on supporting both Juno and Keppler with one codebase fails because of Dali ;)

But crossing my fingers for Kepler+ being less chaotic :)

/max

Back to the top