[dali-dev] emf model generation

I am looking at generating our EMF code into a separate source folder. Once in a separate source folder I can then set the new 3.8/4.2 setting 'Ignore optional compile problems' on it. This would help out those of us that have a lot of the java compiler warnings set and have thousands of warnings in the emf generated code. The setting is on the .classpath file so it would be shared.

I am proposing creating a source folder called 'model/src'. The ecore and genmodel files are currently in a folder called 'model'. Other options are 'model_src' or just make the current 'model' folder a source folder. The existing 'src' folder would contain any of the extra classes that we have created and put in the emf generated packages, but that aren't generated classes. This would allow us to get the warnings on those classes. The change will be made in org.eclipse.jpt.common.core, org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.core, org.eclipse.jpt.jpa.eclipselink.core, and org.eclipse.jpt.jaxb.eclipselink.core plug-ins.

Any thoughts?

Karen

Back to the top