Re: [dali-dev] New JPA Entity wizard

As far as I remember it's because changing the XML from the UI thread causes deadlock. It's an old code in Dali, so it might not be valid anymore, but if you change it you should test it for deadlock.

Stefan

-----Original Message-----
From: dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dali-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Karen Butzke
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 7:44 PM
To: General Dali EJB ORM developer discussion.
Subject: [dali-dev] New JPA Entity wizard

Does anybody know why in the new JPA entity wizard the editing of
orm.xml and persistence.xml is done in a Job? This code is in
NewEntityClassOperation.addEntityToXML and addMappedSuperclassToXML. I
am thinking this is legacy code and probably unnecessary, but am unsure
about changing it.

Thanks,
Karen