Re: [dali-dev] Changes to Dali plugin and package names for next major release

I will be checking in the first phase of these changes soon, then Tran will update the build for the new plug-ins.

1. A new 'common' component will be created in CVS with the following new plug-ins:
    org.eclipse.jpt.common.core
    org.eclipse.jpt.common.core.tests
    org.eclipse.jpt.common.ui
    org.eclipse.jpt.common.ui.tests
2. The libraryValidators and resourceLocators extension points will be moved to org.eclipse.jpt.common.core (these are new in this release)

Committers need to remember that now we have JptCommonCoreTests to run on top of JptCoreTests and JptEclipseLinkCoreTests.

Phase 2 will involve renaming org.eclipse.jpt.utility(and tests) plug-in and packages to org.eclipse.jpt.common.utility (and tests) and moving to common component. I will do this once we get the build working for the phase 1 changes.

Phase 3 will involve renaming the org.eclipse.jpt.core.* plug-ins and packages. Another email will be sent detailing those changes prior to check-in.

Karen